Managing Cookies by Identity
Ghost Browser uniquely offers the ability to clear the cookies for an individual Identity, which is discussed in this article, or for the entire browser, which is discussed in this support article.
Please be sure your use of this feature complies with the terms of service of any web sites you use it on and visit and all applicable laws. Generally, this feature is useful for users doing web development or QA testing on their own web sites or web sites they are working on.
- Open a tab in the Identity you want to manage the cookies for.
- In that Identity, go to the web page for which you would like to manage the cookies.
Once you have opened the web site in the correct Identity, you have two ways to manage the cookies.
URL Bar Method
- Click the "lock" icon or the "Secure" text just to the left of the website URL in the address bar and under Cookies click "# in use", as seen in the screenshot below.
- From there, click the arrow icon for the site whose cookies you want to manage as shown below.
- You will then see a folder showing the cookies for that site in the Identity you selected, as shown below, and you can highlight the cookie and remove it or block it using the buttons at the bottom of the dialog box.
- Refresh the tab of the website for which you just cleared the cookies and it will reload based on your changes.
Dev Tools Method
- Once the web site you want to manage cookies for is open in the Identity you want to interact with, open the Dev Tools interface. You can do this by:
- Clicking F12
- Right clicking the page and selecting "Inspect" from the context menu.
- Once the dev tools panel is open, select "Application" from the top menu as shown below.
- Then click the arrow for "cookies" to show the cookies active on that page.
- Highlight the web site you want to manage the cookies for, then right click the cookie you want to manage. You will see the following options.
- Refresh the page to load it with your changes.
Need help? Contact us.