Does Ghost Browser Phone Home?
What data is sent to our servers
- License Checks — We periodically ping our servers to validate your license. The purpose of this is to allow you to use your license on multiple computers while still enforcing the “one simultaneous use” policy.
- Issue Reports — When you report an issue with Ghost Browser using the in-browser reporting system you can optionally send a system report (recommended) and a screenshot of the error. These are intended to aid us in debugging technical problems you might be having with the browser. You can include or exclude both or either of these.
Data sent to us when you report an issueThe following information is sent to us when you report an issue. Reporting an issue is completely optional.
- Form field inputs: When you fill out the issue report form, you send us a message subject, message and email address. Only your email address is required, which we use for follow up questions. All other fields are optional.
- Screenshot of your desktop: If you select the, Include this screenshot option, a screenshot of your browser’s active tab is automatically added to the issue report. This option is unchecked by default.
- Your system information: If you select the Include system information option (which is enabled by default), the following information is included in the bug report:
* Your operating system version.
* Your browser version, signature, and code.
* All active extensions, version numbers, and memory usage – Extensions often cause bugs so we need this information to replicate the issue.
* All open URLs – We are working on allowing you to exclude specific URLs that may be sensitive. This feature will be available soon.
* Your license key and linked account (if you have one) information.