I Can't Install Ghost Browser
When we get reports that the browser does not open after installation, it usually means one of three things:
- It was installed but did not automatically open.
- The installation was blocked by a firewall or anti-virus program like Windows Defender (which comes installed on all PCs) or commercial products like Avast, McAfee of Kaspersky.
- Your network Administrator has blocked it. You'll need to ask them to allow it if this is the case.
To troubleshoot this, please try the following:
- Search your computer for Ghost Browser. If it's there, just open it and pin it to your task bar.
- If it's not then one of your firewalls blocked it. You will need to allow Ghost Browser in Windows Defender AND any other third party software you have.
Add Ghost Browser as an exception to Windows Defender
If you have Windows, you probably have Windows Defender installed on your PC and need to add Ghost Browser as an exception. To do so follow these instructions:
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection.
- Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings.
- Under Exclusions, select "Add or remove exclusions".
- Add an exclusion for the Ghost Browser folder by navigating to C:\Users\<your_username>\AppData\Local
You may need to restart your computer once then try to reinstall Ghost Browser.
Add Ghost Browser as an exception in your other Firewall and Anti-Virus Software
Now that you've allowed Ghost Browser through Windows Defender, you need to do the same for any other anti-virus or firewall software you have on your computer.
The steps for doing this are different for every software, but the process is usually called "Adding an exception" or "Allowing an Application". So if you Google "Adding an Exception for Avast", for example, you can find instructions. We've linked to the instructions for some popular AV programs below.
Once you have added the exception, you may need to restart your computer for the change to take affect.
Need further help? Contact us.