Adding a New Proxy to Ghost Proxy Control
Ghost Proxy Control is a proxy management extension that allows you to assign a different IP address to each tab, Session or Project in Ghost Browser but does not come pre-loaded with proxies. You must bring your own proxies to use Ghost Proxy Control.
To Add a New Proxy to the Ghost Proxy Control Extension:
- Click the Ghost Proxy Control extension icon in the extension bar. It looks like this -
- From the Ghost Proxy Control window, select Add/Edit Proxies. A web page to manage your proxies will open.
How To Add a Single Proxy
- Click Add a proxy at the top of the page.
- Enter the required information about the proxy:
- Name: Enter the name of your proxy. This can help you easily identify the proxy (e.g., UK Proxy). If you do not enter anything, the system automatically assigns the name Proxy [number]. If this is your first proxy, the system-assigned name is Proxy 1, if this is your second Proxy 2, and so on.
- Host: Enter the host of the proxy. This can be either an IP address (e.g., 123.45.678.9) or a URL (e.g., subdomain.yourproxyprovider.net).
- Port: Enter the port number of the proxy. This is usually a one to five digit number, and is provided by your proxy service.
- Username: If the proxy requires a username, enter it here.
- Password: If the proxy requires a password, enter it here.
- Click Add.
How To Bulk Upload Many Proxies
- Click Bulk upload proxies at the top of the page.
- Click the blue Export Proxy List button to download a properly formatted .csv file.
Note: This .csv file will include any proxies you have already added. Be sure not to add or change column names.
- Enter the proxy information in the .csv file and save the file.
Note: The Custom Name column is required but if you leave this blank, we will automatically number each proxy (1, 2, 3, etc.).
- Back on the proxy management web page, click the blue Import Proxy List button.
- Select the updated proxy list .csv file and click Open. Your proxy information is entered into Ghost Control Proxy.
Now that you've added your proxies, click the links below to learn how to use the Ghost Proxy Control extension.
Need help? Contact us.