Importing Chrome bookmarks, extensions, and settings
In order to help make the transition from Chrome to Ghost Browser easier, we created a tool which allows you to import your Chrome data into Ghost Browser.
We take your privacy seriously. When you import this information into Ghost Browser, it is stored locally and is never transmitted through our servers.
To import bookmarks, extensions, and settings from Chrome to Ghost Browser:
- In Ghost Browser, click the browser menu in the upper right corner and select Import Chrome extensions and settings. The Import bookmarks and settings window will open.
- Use the drop-down menu under "From" to select the Chrome profile for which you want to import the data into Ghost Browser.
- Remove any check boxes for data you do not want to import.
- Click Import.
- If you already created one bookmark before importing your bookmarks, your bookmarks from this import will all be placed in a folder called, Import. Otherwise, they'll display across the bookmarks bar as expected.
- If Chrome is currently open, a message appears asking you to save all work in Chrome. Once you have done this, click Force Quit and Import. If you are prompted more than twice to quit Chrome, open Chrome, and select Menu > Exit
Need help? Contact us.